Why study Service Engineering?
“We are a country of services and it is here that we can gain a competitive advantage with regard to other countries”.
Find out more about this at: https://cincodias.elpais.com/cincodias/2015/06/26/economia/1435313502_955939.html
why at urjc
- Collaboration agreements with companies in order to allow our students to attain work experience with them.
- Classes in the centre of Madrid.
- Educational methodologies that encourage students’ active participation.
- Activities carried out in conjunction with collaborating companies: work experience, seminaries, visits, etc
- University teaching staff qualified in Services combined with professionals who are active in the sector.
Our first graduates tell us how their incursion is in the companies of the service sector…
Professional Opportunities for our graduates
We educate qualified professionals in the production and management of services throughout their entire lifecycle, from their conception to after-sales services, with training in:
- Materials: business, computer engineering, etc.
- Skills: communication, teamwork, leadership, etc.
With a wide range of professional opportunities:
- Large service sector companies, public administrations and SMEs
- In various sectors: IT, Logistics, Security, Health, Tourism, Education, Consulting, Banking, etc.
- Companies of international renown.
Bachelor’s Degree in Service Science, Management and Engineering
This degree is oriented towards future professionals who will be qualified in the production and management of services throughout their entire lifecycle, from their conception to after-sales services. Students on this course could be:
- High School Students who have studied any speciality and who have preferably, but not exclusively, obtained an Advanced Level in:
- Science and Technology
- Humanities and Social Sciences.
- Higher Education Students from Training Cycles de Grado Superior
- Service sector professionals
We value creative people with personal skills for teamwork, communication, etc.
Interdisciplinary teaching staff with a wide experience and collaboration with companies of international renown from various sectors (IBM, EULEN, Melia, BBVA, etc).
- 1st Term
- Mathematics for computing and services (6 ECTS)
- Introduction to programming (6 ECTS)
- Computer Architecture (3 ECTS)
- Theory of Systems (3 ECTS)
- Service sociology (6 ECTS)
- History and fundamentals of Services (6 ECTS)
- 2nd Term
- Logic (3 ECTS)
- Service development (6 ECTS)
- Emotional inteligence (3 ECTS)
- Bussines Organisation (6 ECTS)
- Operative Systems and Networks (6 ECTS)
- Ethical, legislation-related and professional aspects (6 ECTS)
- 1st Term.
- English (6 ECTS)
- Service design and maintenance (3 ECTS)
- Databases (6 ECTS)
- Statistics (6 ECTS)
- Private Law (6 ECTS)
- Communication skills (6 ECTS)
- 2nd Term
- Information systems architecture (6 ECTS)
- information systems (3 ECTS)
- Software engineering (3 ECTS)
- Operative research (3 ECTS)
- Economy in Service Sciences (6 ECTS)
- Bussiness communication (6 ECTS)
- 1st Term
- Bussines information systems (6 ECTS)
- Service engineering (6 ECTS)
- Technologies for the management of large amounts of data (6 ECTS)
- Microeconomics (3 ECTS)
- Service Operation Management (3 ECTS)
- Projects administration and management (3 ECTS)
- Leadership and teamwork (3 ECTS)
- 2nd Term
- Bussiness Process Engineering (3 ECTS)
- Service Marketing (6 ECTS)
- Service management (6 ECTS)
- Mobile and ubiquitous services (3 ECTS)
- Person-computer interaction and the multimedia (6 ECTS)
- Intelligence and business analysis (3 ECTS)
- Financial Economy and Accounting (3 ECTS)
- 1st Term
- Business strategic management and consulting for service businesses (3 ECTS)
- Business architectures (3 ECTS)
- Optionals. Service application areas (3 ECTS)
- 2nd Term
- Business initiative (3 ECTS)
- Human resources (3 ECTS)
- Optional. Service application areas (3 ECTS)
- Service Science and Engineering Seminar (6 ECTS)
- End-of-Degree Project (6 ECTS)
- Work experience at companies (24 ECTS)
Taught at: Plaza Manuel Becerra nº 14, 28028 Madrid
- By Metro: Estación Manuel Becerra L-6 y L-2
- By autobús (EMT):
- Calle Doctor Esquerdo: 12, 56, 143, 156, C2
- Calle Alcalá: 21, 38, 53, 106, 110, 146, 210
- Plaza Manuel Becerra: 2, 71, 106
In the only still unknown education
What is Service Engineering?
Tourism, computing, facilities, banking, consulting, marketing, education… all of these professions have something in common: their business is a service. The service sector represents between 70 and 80 % of the GNP of the economy in Spain and is one of the sectors with the highest rates of employment. Companies, therefore, demand professionals who are adapted to this new reality.
But, what is a service professional?
If you work for a service company, or would like to work in that sector, and you wish to discover the key aspects of the profession, then this is the course for you! The objective of this interdisciplinary course is to introduce you to a new discipline whose aim is to improve the professionalization of service companies by increasing the quality and productivity of this key sector for the economy.
Three companies that are outstanding in different sectors collaborate with the course: EULEN (Facility Services), IBM (IT Services) and MELIA Hotel International (Tourism), and the contents are linked to the educational team’s research.
Do you require more information?
We will answer your questions without any obligations